Profile for the specified user. Replaces any previous profile specification.
Effects of changing the user profile assignment:
- Password attribute settings in the new profile take effect the next time the user logs on.
- Spool and temporary space settings in the new profile take effect immediately.
- The current account and database settings in the new profile do not take effect until the next time the user logs on or the user uses the SET SESSION statement to explicitly change them.
- The password for the modifying user must be compliant with any password control rules specified in the new profile being assigned to the modified user. Some password controls may only affect the children of the user being modified. See “Password Controls” in Teradata Vantage™ NewSQL Engine Security Administration, B035-1100.
- Query band settings in the new profile take effect on the next request in the session.
- The name of the profile assigned to the user. If a profile is already assigned to the user, the newly specified profile replaces the existing profile.
- No profile is assigned to the user. Any existing profile assignment is removed.
Example: Assigning a Profile to a User With the PROFILE Option
This statement creates a profile called human_resources that defines spool space and default database system parameters.
CREATE PROFILE human_resources AS SPOOL = 1500000, DEFAULT DATABASE = personnel;
This statement assigns the human_resources profile to user ortega.
MODIFY USER ortega AS PROFILE = human_resources;