The type of permanent journal image to be maintained for the table. Any existing images are not affected until the table is updated.
- If you specify the JOURNAL keyword without also specifying NO or DUAL, Vantage maintains a single copy of the image unless FALLBACK is in effect or is also specified.
- If you specify journaling for a database that uses fallback protection by default, Vantage maintains DUAL images automatically.
You cannot add or modify journal options for an nonpartitioned NoPI table or for a column-partitioned table.
- After-change images are not maintained for the table.
- Two after-change images are maintained for the table.
- Single after-image journal rows for non-fallback data tables are written on the same virtual AMP as the changed data rows.
- NOT LOCAL
- Single after-image journal rows for non-fallback data tables are written on another virtual AMP in the cluster.