Add a query band to the profile. Defines the set of name-value pairs to set at logon of all users assigned the profile.
You must enclose the set of name=value pairs for the query band with APOSTROPHE characters (').
The number of name=value pairs is limited to the maximum length of the string, which is 4,096 UNICODE characters, including pad characters.
Pair names and values cannot contain any of the following characters:
- SEMICOLON (;)
- a null
If an APOSTROPHE character is embedded within a pair name or value, you must type it twice, to escape it. Otherwise, the system interprets it as a pair_name=pair_value string terminator.
Do not specify reserved pair names or values. For a list of reserved query band names and values, see Teradata Vantage™ - SQL Data Definition Language Detailed Topics , B035-1184 .
- Keyword to introduce query band options you specify.
- Name component of a query band specification.
- The maximum size for each pair_name is 128 UNICODE characters. For more information about database object names, see Teradata Vantage™ - SQL Fundamentals, B035-1141.
- Value component of a query band specification.
- pair_value can be up to 256 UNICODE characters in length.
- All of the values are considered default values that can be overwritten using the SET QUERY_BAND statement for the session or transaction. If the transaction, session, and profile query bands have name-value pairs with the same name, the name-value pair used for Teradata Active Systems Management (TASM) classification is the first one found in a query band searched in the following order:
- Transaction query band
- Session query band
- Profile query band
- See SET QUERY_BAND.
- NOT DEFAULT
- Overwriting the pairs in the profile query band is not permitted. Any pair in a SET QUERY_BAND statement matching a name in the profile query band is discarded from the query band. If the DEFAULT clause is omitted, the profile query band is set to NOT DEFAULT.