Modify the default query band defined in the profile. The name-value pairs you specify replace any existing query band settings. Changes to the profile query band of currently logged on users take effect on the next request.
You must enclose the set of name=value pairs for the query band with APOSTROPHE characters (').
The number of name=value pairs is limited to the maximum length of the string, which is 4,096 UNICODE characters, including pad characters.
Names and values cannot contain any of the following characters:
- SEMICOLON (;)
- a null
If an APOSTROPHE character is embedded within a pair name or value, you must type it twice, to escape it. Otherwise, the system interprets it as a pair_name=pair_value string terminator.
Do not specify reserved pair names or values. For a list of reserved query band names and values, see Teradata Vantage™ - SQL Data Definition Language Detailed Topics , B035-1184 .
- Keyword to introduce query band options you specify.
- Name component of a query band specification.
- The maximum size for each pair_name is 128 UNICODE characters. For more information about database object names, see Teradata Vantage™ - SQL Fundamentals, B035-1141.
- Value component of a query band specification.
- pair_value can be up to 256 UNICODE characters in length.
- Removes the entire query band from the profile.
- The values are set as default values that can be overwritten using the SET QUERY_BAND statement for the session or transaction. See SET QUERY_BAND.
- NOT DEFAULT
- Overwriting the pairs in the profile query band is not permitted. Any pair in a SET QUERY_BAND statement matching a name in the profile query band will be discarded from the query band.