DUMP EXPLAIN INTO QCD_name
[ AS query_plan_name ]
[ LIMIT [SQL [=n] ] ]
[ CHECK STATISTICS ]
- INTO QCD_name
- Name of a user-defined query capture database.
- The database named QCD_name need not exist on the target system. However, a database named QCD_name must exist on the test system on which the generated script is performed.
- AS query_plan_name
- Optional user-defined name under which the query plan information is to be stored. For information on object naming, see
Teradata Vantage™ - SQL Fundamentals, B035-1141.
- If you do not specify a query_plan_name, the query plan information is stored with a null name. Each query plan is stored with a unique non-null Query ID, enabling you to distinguish among the query plans in a particular database. See
Teradata Vantage™ - SQL Request and Transaction Processing, B035-1142. Query IDs are not unique across databases.
query_plan_name is not constrained to be unique.
- You can store query_plan_name as query_plan_name if you enclose the pad character-separated words in APOSTROPHE (u+0027) characters as “query plan name”.
- LIMIT SQL
- LIMIT SQL=n
- Place a limit on the size of the query, DDL, view text, and predicate text captured for the QCD tables Query, Relation, ViewText, and Predicate, respectively.
- If you do not specify this clause, then the system captures complete text.
- The value for n indicates the upper limit on the amount of text to capture.
- If you specify either LIMIT by itself or LIMIT SQL without a value, then the clause is equivalent to LIMIT SQL = 0, and no text is captured.
- CHECK STATISTICS
- Capture COLLECT STATISTICS recommendations for SQL_request in the StatsRecs QCD table. See
Teradata Vantage™ - SQL Request and Transaction Processing, B035-1142.
- DML statement whose Optimizer plan information is to be captured and returned to the requestor as a series of INSERT requests.
SQL_request is limited to the following statements:
- EXEC (Macro Form)