- The analysis accepts any of the following DML statements as valid workload components:
- The specified QCD database must exist in the system. Otherwise, the request aborts and the system returns an error.
- The specified workload must exist in the specified QCD_name database. Otherwise, the request aborts and the system returns an error.
- If you specify a table list, then only that list of tables is considered for index analysis.
If the workload does not contain any tables that match at least one table in the table list, then an error is reported. Otherwise, only the matching list of tables is considered for index analysis.
- A maximum of 1,024 tables can be analyzed per workload.
- No error is reported if the same table is specified more than once for index analysis.
- The index analysis parameters must not be repeated.
If they are repeated, or if a value is out of range for a parameter, then the request aborts and the system returns an error.
- If the session is logged off or restarted while INITIATE INDEX ANALYSIS is being performed and no checkpoint is specified, then no index recommendations are saved.
You must perform the INITIATE INDEX ANALYSIS request again in the restarted session to create the index recommendations.
The following set of rules applies to INITIATE INDEX ANALYSIS: