DateTime functions are those functions that operate on either DateTime or Interval values and provide a DateTime value as a result.
The supported DateTime functions are:
To avoid any synchronization problems, operations among any of these functions are guaranteed to use identical definitions for DATE, TIME, or TIMESTAMP so that the following are always true:
- CURRENT_DATE = CURRENT_DATE
- CURRENT_TIME = CURRENT_TIME
- CURRENT_TIMESTAMP = CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
- CURRENT_DATE and CURRENT_TIMESTAMP always identify the same DATE
- CURRENT_TIME and CURRENT_TIMESTAMP always identify the same TIME
The values reflect the time when the request started and do not change during the duration of the request.