You can install software packages on all Advanced SQL Engine nodes using the Parallel Upgrade Tool (PUT) or manually using the rpm tool.
Installing Packages Using PUT
- A minimum PUT version must be installed on your Advanced SQL Engine database system for compliance with Java requirements. PUT will let you know if a version upgrade is needed.
- Java must be enabled on your web browser.
- The packages to install must be placed in advance in the /var/opt/teradata/customermodepkgs directory of your target Advanced SQL Engine database PDN node.
Use PUT to install the rpms on all nodes of your Advanced SQL Engine database system.
- From your browser, connect to the target Advanced SQL Engine database PDN node by typing the PDN node IP address or name in the address line. For example, if your system is named vantageSystem with the PDN node called vantageSystem1, then enter the following on your browser address line:
- Log in with the target system root user credentials.
- When the PUT screen appears, select Install/Upgrade Software.
- Proceed through the next couple of screens by clicking the Next button. Namely, acknowledge the screen that informs you PUT is running in Customer Mode; then, on the following screen ignore a message that might pop up and protest that PUT is unable to find any packages (click OK on the pop up window, if it appears).
- On the package selection screen, click sequentially on all packages you may want to install.
- For each package you select, you will be taken to a screen to select the nodes to install this package on. Check whether all your system nodes are under the Selected area. If not, then in the left pane, Select All available nodes on your system and move them to the Selected area using the >> button. Select Selected.
- Installation takes place, and you are notified when the task is finished.
- Select Next and you can exit the PUT tool.
Installing Packages Using the rpm Tool
pcl -send /tmp/teradata-udfgpl-16.20.xx.xx-1.0.x86_64.rpm /tmpThen, run the following command:
psh rpm –U /tmp/teradata-udfgpl-16.20.xx.xx-1.0.x86_64.rpm