In Vantage systems, R can be used to execute R scripts through the SCRIPT table operator or the ExecR table operator.
To use R with the SCRIPT table operator, your system administrator must install the R interpreter. For details about SCRIPT, see the Table Operators section in Teradata Vantage™ - SQL Operators and User-Defined Functions, B035-1210.
- The R interpreter
- The Fortran compiler
- The udfGPL library
Together with the R interpreter, R add-on packages can be used to apply a variety of statistical techniques to analyze data stored in the Advanced SQL Engine. Once installed, a new package (pkg) can be used within an R script by including the following statement: library(pkg).
- The R interpreter is provided through the teradata-R package
- Selected R add-on packages are available through the teradata-R-addons package (for a listing of the add-on titles that are bundled in a given release, see the README file of that release)
- The Fortran compiler comprises of the packages:
- gcc-fortran, gcc43-fortran, libgfortran43 (in SLES 11 Service Pack 3 systems)
- gcc-fortran, gcc48-fortran, libgfortran3 (in SLES 12 Service Pack 3 systems)