WIDTH BUCKET (value_expression, lower_bound, upper_bound, partition_count)
- The value for which a partition number is to be returned.
- The lower boundary for the range of values to be partitioned equally.
- The upper boundary for the range of values to be partitioned equally.
- Number of partitions to be created.
- This value also specifies the width of the partitions by default.
- The number of partitions created is partition_count + 2. Partition 0 and partition partition_count + 1 account for values of value_expression that are outside the lower and upper boundaries.