VAR_POP ( [ DISTINCT | ALL ] value_expression )
- To exclude duplicates of value_expression from the computation.
- All values of value_expression that are not null, including duplicates, are included in the computation.
- A numeric literal or column expression whose population variance is to be computed.
- The value_expression cannot be a reference to a view column derived from a function, and cannot contain any ordered analytical or aggregate functions.
- The following restrictions apply to value_expression:
- If the value_expression is character, the format is the default format for FLOAT.
- If the value_expression is numeric, date, or interval, the format is the same format as x.
- If the value_expression is UDT, the format is the format for the data type to which the UDT is implicitly cast.
- For information on the default format of data types, see “Data Type Formats and Format Phrases” in
Teradata Vantage™ - Data Types and Literals, B035-1143.