A transaction is a logical unit of work where the statements nested within the transaction either execute successfully as a group or do not execute.
Transaction Processing Mode
In ANSI session mode, transaction processing adheres to the rules defined by the ANSI/ISO SQL specification.
In Teradata session mode, transaction processing follows the rules defined by Teradata prior to the emergence of the ANSI/ISO SQL standard.
- SessionMode field of the DBS Control Record
- BTEQ command SET SESSION TRANSACTION
- Preprocessor2 TRANSACT() option
- ODBC SessionMode option in the .odbc.ini file
- JDBC TeraDataSource.setTransactMode() method
For detailed information on statement and transaction processing, see Teradata Vantage™ - SQL Request and Transaction Processing, B035-1142.