- Confirm with your AWS administrator that you have the necessary IAM permissions.
- A program to test port connectivity.
If you have chosen AWS PrivateLink for network connectivity, you must create a service endpoint after Teradata has authorized your AWS account. Endpoints allow direct, secure network connectivity between AWS VPCs without traversing the public Internet.
AWS PrivateLink is the default network connectivity option. Contact Teradata if you prefer to use AWS Direct Connect or VPN.
- Log in to both the target AWS account and the Amazon VPC Management Console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/vpc.
- From the VPC Dashboard, click Security Groups.
- Update the database security group to allow the inbound ports for Advanced SQL Engine (port 1025) and Viewpoint (ports 80 and 443) from the VPC CIDR.
- From the VPC Dashboard, click .
- In Service Category, select Find service by name.
In Service Name, enter the PrivateLink service endpoint value for your site.
You can copy this string from Network Settings in the Management Console or from the email you received from Teradata.
If the PrivateLink service endpoint is active, the message Service name found appears.
Select the VPC, subnet, and security group you will use to connect to Advanced SQL Engine and Viewpoint, then click Create Endpoint.
- Status: available
- The endpoint was successfully created.
- Status: pending
- Report the status by creating an incident in the Management Console.
- After the status shows available, use Telnet or an alternative program to test connectivity between your VPC and Vantage site for each port number (1025, 80, 443).