- Before you can launch HSNs, you must enable node failure recovery.
- The combined total number of TPA nodes and HSNs cannot exceed the node limit of the license tier you are using (2 for Developer tier; 64 for Base, Advanced, and Enterprise tiers). See Teradata Vantage License Tiers.
- When determining the number of HSNs to launch, do not exceed the number of deployed TPA nodes. For example, a 4-node system cannot have more than 4 HSNs.
Complete this procedure to launch one or more HSNs after deployment. You do not need to stop and restart Vantage.
- From a Vantage node, determine if any HSNs are currently configured.
# tdc-hot-standby status
- Launch at least one HSN.
# tdc-hot-standby launch n
where n is the number of HSNs to launch. The total number of new and existing HSNs cannot exceed the number of existing database nodes or the node limit of the license tier you are using.
- [Optional] Confirm the new HSN count.
# tdc-hot-standby statusThe HSN count is available in the hsncount file in /etc/opt/teradata/tdconfig.
- [Optional] Check alerts in Server Management.