PrerequisiteBefore starting, open port 64432 and keep the port open as long as the mainframe is connected.
Adding or removing mainframe connectivity typically takes 3 to 5 minutes, depending on your configuration.
Stop the database.
# tpareset –x –y stop for mainframe connectivity
Verify the database is in a DOWN/HARDSTOP state.
# pdestate -aPDE state: DOWN/HARDSTOPPutting the database in this state may take several minutes.
Do one of the following to run the command.
Option Action To add connectivity
- Run tdc-mainframe add with arguments.
- -c followed by the number of PEs to add
- -y used in conjunction with -c, bypasses user prompt and proceeds running the command automatically
- -h to display help information
To remove connectivity
- Run tdc-mainframe delete without arguments.
PEs and nodes are automatically removed when this command is run.
- Example of adding two mainframe PEs: tdc-mainframe add -c 2
- Example of adding one mainframe PE: tdc-mainframe add -c 1
- The database restarts multiple times when tdc-mainframe is running.
At the prompt, check the database status to make sure logons are enabled.
# pdestate -aPDE state is RUN/STARTED.DBS state is 4: Logons are enabled - Users are logged on
- If you remove mainframe connectivity, close port 64432.