PrerequisiteIf you plan to install Teradata Tools and Utilities (TTU) on an Azure VM, you must first deploy that VM. Additionally, you cannot install TTU packages on the following Azure VMs:
- Teradata Vantage
- Teradata Data Mover
- Teradata Data Stream Utility
- Teradata Ecosystem Manager
You can install TTU either on an Azure VM running a supported version of Linux or Windows, or on another system running a supported operating system. See Teradata® Tools and Utilities Supported Platforms and Product Versions at https://docs.teradata.com/.
Obtain the TTU packages from one of the following locations:
- Teradata customer portal for all supported OS systems
Vantage VM at /var/opt/teradata/TTU_pkgs for Linux, Mac OS X, or Windows
OS Package Linux, Mac OS X, or Windows TeradataToolsAndUtilitiesBase Additional utilities for Windows only DatabaseManagement
- Copy the TTU packages to the VM or system where the TTU software is installed and used.
- Install and configure the TTU packages according to the instructions in the appropriate installation guide for Teradata Tools and Utilities.