PrerequisiteBefore starting this procedure, do the following:
Your deployment site must have access to https://slem.teradata.com/ems for this procedure. If your site cannot access the Internet, see Deploying Teradata Vantage on VMware for Sites without Internet Access.
- If you plan to use Temporal, you must enable Temporal in the common.IT.properties.json file before deployment.
- Viewpoint and DSC must be deployed at the same time that SQL Engine is deployed. They cannot be deployed independently.
- While performing this procedure, wait until Vantage on VMware is fully deployed before accessing the database.
- For troubleshooting purposes, make copies of the common.IT.properties.json and node.IT.properties.json properties files, label them according to the system to be deployed, and then save them.
- Open a VMware vSphere PowerCLI shell, version 6.0 or later.
- Navigate to the directory containing the Vantage on VMware deployment executable file:C:\mylocation\Vantage_Deployer\
- Run tdc.deploy.exe.
- At the prompt, type the IP address or FQDN for your vCenter.
- At the prompt, type deploy, and press Enter.
The executable connects to the vCenter server and validates the information in the properties files. When validation is successful, the executable deploys the selected templates, and configures the VMs based on the values in the properties files.
- Select the common properties file, and press Enter.
- Select the node properties file, and press Enter.
- If the deployment executable cannot connect to https://slem.teradata.com/ems, type Y to skip the pre-validation and continue.The executable attempts to validate whether your entitlement has a sufficient number of available licenses.
If the device running the (Windows) executable cannot access the Internet, skip this validation. The quantity is validated later in the process.
- Review the information and do one of the following:
- If it is correct, press y.
- If the information is incorrect, edit the properties files, and run the deployment executable again.
If there are no errors, the VM deploys.
- If errors occur, the deployment executable is re-entrant, meaning if errors occur, they can be fixed and the executable runs all states again. Action is taken only as needed.
PostrequisiteAfter the VM deploys, complete the applicable procedures under Software Configuration.