- Verify the DSC vSwitch is using at least a 10 Gb network adapter.
- Verify the Teradata Viewpoint vnode is deployed at the same time as DSC.
- Verify a backup location is established.
For more information, see the Teradata® DSA - DSU Installation, Configuration, and Upgrade Guide, B035-3153 and refer to Configuring Storage Devices and Ports.
- Make sure users in the Teradata Viewpoint role have been granted permission to use the BAR Setup portlet as they will be using the portlet to configure the DSC system.
- Contact your Teradata Viewpoint Administrator to make sure you have the appropriate permissions to configure DSC settings in Teradata Viewpoint.
- After DSC has been deployed, configure the DSC settings.
The TPA and DSC vnodes are preconfigured as media servers. Teradata recommends using the media servers on the TPA vnodes to back up and restore Vantage, and the media server on the DSC vnode to back up and restore the DSC repository for metadata.