Vantage on VMware installation components consist of templates, properties files, text files, and a deployment executable file.
- Required templates contain Vantage software and the underlying operating system.
- Optional templates include:
DSC, Server Management, and Viewpoint must be deployed at the same time as the SQL Engine. They cannot be deployed separately.
- Server Management (CMIC)
- Viewpoint software and its underlying operating system, Teradata Query Service
- The properties files define configuration settings for the overall Vantage on VMware environment and the specific virtual machines.
- An executable file deploys the Vantage VM based on the configuration information in the properties files.After the database is deployed, the only way to change settings is to power on the system, run the removevms command, and run the deploy command again.
- Text files are used in time zone settings.
To download the licensed software, use Teradata Electronic Software Distribution (ESD). For more information, see the Electronic Software Distribution (ESD) Guide, BCD0-0718.