|Component||Minimum Requirements (unless noted)|
|Teradata licensing||A Teradata license is
required to deploy Vantage Base, Advanced, or Enterprise license tier.
For sites with Internet access, port 443 must be open to connect to https://slem.teradata.com/ems.
For general licensing information, see Entitlement Management.
|Datastores for database storage||Recommended: 24 internal HDDs configured in RAID-1, equating to a total of 12 LUNs, sized according to specifications. Each datastore should correspond to a single RAID-1 HDD. You can also deploy on a large storage area network that is sufficient for your needs, but it is not optimal for the best performance.|
|Datastore formatting||VMFS 5 file system|
|Datastore space for template deployment||Total size of all drives in each image:
|RAID||RAID-1 LUNs recommended.
A configuration of 1 LUN used for each of the 12 datastores used for database storage, and the thirteenth datastore reserved for the deployment of:
|Server||VMware supported OEM
Hyper-threading (HT) must be enabled.
|VMware administrative privileges||You must have administrative privileges on the destination VMware environment to install and configure the virtual machines.|
|VM deployment sizes||
|VMware ESXi||ESXi 6.0 and later|
|VMware||VMware licensing is required as appropriate to the customer environment.
VMware management features such as DRS, vMotion, SvMotion, HA, and VMware Snapshots are part of the database and are not used or supported as they will break the database.
|VMware vCenter||vCenter 6.0 and later|
|VMware vSphere vStandard / vDistributed Switch Port Groups||
If all the vnodes (TPA VMs) are within the same pnode (ESXi hosts), no physical adapters need to be attached to the vSphere port group. If there are any physical adapters attached to the vSphere port group, make sure they are cabled correctly.
|Physical Switches||Physical switches are required to use Jumbo Frame (MTU 9000) for the BYNET and Teradata DSC private network or file transfer issues will occur when configuring Vantage.|
|Server Management (CMIC)||To deploy a Server Management (CMIC) VM, you must have a valid site ID. A site ID was assigned during the sales cycle. If you do not know the ID, contact your account team.|
Minimum (2 or more) pnode configuration
- CPU (Dedicated SQL Engine Nodes):
- 2 physical CPUs with 12 cores each for a minimum of 24 virtual cores per physical node
- Memory (TPA nodes)
- 384 GB minimum
- BYNET: Two 10 Gb networks to support redundancy with Jumbo Frames
- Server Management: Two 1 Gb or faster separate (isolated) physical networks for CMIC connectivity
- DSC: 10 Gb separate network with Jumbo Frames
- 26 internal drives, 24 devices for SQL Engine should be same size, capacity, and type. Two internal drives (RAID-1) for Guest OS with capacity minimum of 1 TB. Total RAID-1 pairs yielding 13 ESXi datastores (12 for New SQL, 1 for Guest OS).
- SANs or external storage arrays may be used for all storage (dedicated preferred, SAN recommended).