Complete these steps to upgrade Server Management (CMIC) for a virtual Teradata environment.
The Server Management image incorporates both operating system and application updates. So there is no need to upgrade the operating system separately before upgrading Server Management.
The upgrade process results in a reboot of Server Management.
- Log on to https://support.teradata.com and browse to to download the required upgrade bundles.The upgrade bundle is a CMIC image (cmicimage.cif).
- Log on as user root to the virtual system where Teradata Viewpoint is installed.
- Unzip the Server Management bundle to /var/opt/teradata/packages.
- Pass the update utility the CMIC primary IP address and the upgrade image details:cmicimageupdate --cmic IPaddress --image cmicimage.version.cif
- Enter yes to proceed with the Server Management upgrade.The upgrade process runs, and Server Management reboots.