The Roles Manager view allows the Teradata Viewpoint Administrator to manage roles efficiently, including assigning users to roles, and granting permissions to roles. After a role is created, you can customize the role using the following tabs:
- Enable or disable a role, rewind, Viewpoint Dashboard, Viewpoint Mobile, and notifications for a role. The notifications appear in the Teradata Viewpoint portal.
- Enable or disable the systems for a role, select the metrics to display for each system, and configure Secure Zones for a Teradata Database system.
Systems must also be enabled in Monitored Systems.
- Enable or disable portlets for a role, select permissions, and configure default settings per portlet, per role. Control whether users in this role can modify their own settings and share customized versions of the portlet with other users, and configure which portlet features the role can access.Portlets must also be enabled in Portlet Library.
- Web Services
- Enable or disable access to web services for a role and select permissions.Web services must also be enabled in Portlet Library.
- Search for users and add them to, or remove them from, the list of users assigned to the selected role.