The Space Usage view displays information about databases and nodes on the selected system. For Teradata Database systems, the view displays a summary of perm, spool, and temp space for each database on the selected system. Use this information to see if you need to reallocate disk space to maximize space usage.
For Teradata Aster systems, the view displays the number of tables and amount of space used for each database on the selected system.
For Teradata Hadoop systems, the view displays the host names, total space, current space, percent in use and available space for each node on the selected system.
The following list describes the features in this view:
- Selection Menus
- Displays the system and space usage report. You can choose a different system and report.
- Threshold Filter Bar
- Displays the number of databases on the system and the number of databases whose space usage exceeds set thresholds. This feature is available only for Teradata Database systems.
- You can set the thresholds in the Settings view.
- Displays data by showing only rows that match your filter criteria. Click the column headers to sort data in ascending or descending order.
- Table Actions
- This feature is available only for Teradata Database systems.
- Clear Filters removes any content in the filter boxes.
- Configure Columns allows you to choose the columns to display and set thresholds.
Export creates a .csv file containing all available data. If filters are applied, only filtered data is exported
For more information, see Summary Table Controls.
- Add Space
- Reallocates permanent disk space from one database to another. This feature is available only for Teradata Database systems.
- Summary Table
- Displays summary information for the space usage report. The table is configured in the Configure Columns dialog box. Click a row in the table to see details.
Following is an example of the Space Usage view that appears when you select a Teradata Database system from the selection menu.
Following is an example of the Space Usage view that appears when you select a Teradata Aster system from the selection menu. The Teradata Hadoop system view shares the same features as the Teradata Aster system.