- On the Adaptive Histogram dialog box, click on RESULTS.
Click on data (note that the RESULTS tab will be grayed-out/disabled until after the analysis is completed)
Adaptive Histogram > Results > Data
Results data, if any, is displayed in a data grid as described in RESULTS Tab.
The following is a description of the results returned by the analysis, depending on the options selected. If an output table is created, the columns in bold below comprise the Unique Primary Index (UPI) of the output table.
Adaptive Histogram Analysis Data Name Type Definition xtbl VARCHAR (30) Table that the bin values are computed against, as specified in the “table” parameter. xcol VARCHAR (30) Column name or optional alias that the bin values were computed against, as specified by the “column” parameter. xbeg FLOAT Value that represents the beginning boundary for the bin of the column specified. xend FLOAT Value that represents the ending boundary for the bin of the column specified. xtype BYTEINT The category of the bin calculated. In the range 0-3, where:
- 0 (Spike) — A singular value that occurs more than the given % in the Adaptive Binning option.
- 1 (Bin) — An equal sized bin computed on the first pass.
- 2 (Sub-Bin) — A subdivision by the same number of bins of a computed equal size bin that was larger than the percentage specified in the Adaptive Binning option.
- 3 (Mean-Bin) — A subdivision near the mean of a computed equal size bin that was larger than the percentage specified in the Adaptive Binning option. Subdividing by the same number of bins, the region around the mean, -/+ the standard deviation (if outside of the original bin then from the bin boundary).
xdesc CHAR (5) The description of the category of the bin calculated. Valid values are:
- spike — Corresponds to xtype 0 above for a spike
- bin — Corresponds to xtype 1 above for a bin
- --bin — Corresponds to xtype 2 above for a sub-bin
- **bin — Corresponds to xtype 3 above for a mean-bin
xcnt FLOAT Number of records in the bin. Xpct FLOAT Percentage of total records that this bin represents.