Drill down into one or more graph values to see source data rows. Each value selected will be entered into an editable drill down list automatically (a drill down window pops up as values are clicked). All values in the list will be used as drill down criteria, resulting in a drill down data table containing rows belonging to all of the values selected.
First, select graph values that target the source data of interest (such as all rows that contain positive values).
- In the Zoom View, click on one or more bars or circle graph segments to add values to the drill down list.
- Or, send values to the drill down list by selecting rows in the data selector, right-clicking on the rows and clicking on the ‘Drill Down’ pop-up menu item. All non-null and non-zero count values will be added to the drill down list for each column selected.
The drill down list can be edited after graph selections are added, and saved for future reference.
Second, select the ‘drill down’ tab on the Drill Down window to query the source data table. Filtered rows (rows that fit the drill down criteria) will be returned and displayed in the drill down table.
In the header of the drill down display are options to “show graph data only” or “include related columns”. The tabular icon to the right of these two options in the header can be used to select up to 20 columns for display with the second option. By default, the first 20 columns when sorted alphabetically are displayed with the second option. The “sql” to the left of the tabular icon can be used to copy the SQL Where clause for the drill down query to the Clipboard for pasting into another text area or application.
- Save each list before creating a new one if it needs to be used again. After saving, a small icon appears next to the drill down icon in the upper right corner of the graph page.
- Clicking on the thumbnail reloads the saved list, enabling repeated reviews of the source data. In addition, the saved list can be copied, edited by deletions or additions, and then replaced over the old list or saved as new. Clicking on the drill down icon reveals a list of default descriptive labels for the saved drill downs, which can be changed to something the user finds more meaningful.
- Saved drill down lists can be deleted by right-clicking on thumbnail icons, or from the drill down label list.
- Export to Excel — All Rows
- Export to Excel — Selected Rows
- Copy (to Clipboard) — All Rows
- Copy (to Clipboard) — Selected Rows