SQL Elements may be selected and placed in a SQL element tree to the right by one of the following methods:
- Double-click on an element
- Select the desired element and click the Over (right-arrow) button
- Drag the desired element in to a SQL element tree
- Click the box containing “…” to the right of the SQL Elements label and type the name of the desired element using auto-completion. Press the Enter key when a match is found and that element will be selected. Press Enter again or click the Over right-arrow button or drag the selected element into a SQL element tree to complete your selection. Note that some element names occur more than once in the SQL Elements tree, and these appear with the tree node hierarchy names to the right of the element name enclosed in brackets . Also, the built-in and seldom-used functions that may be selected in the Properties dialog for the SQL Text Function element appear in the list with “[SQL Text Function]” appended to the element name. When one of these names is selected using auto-completion, the SQL Text Function is selected instead.
The following right-click menu options are available in the SQL Elements window:
- Expand All Nodes — Expands the nodes completely for SQL Element category.
- Collapse All Nodes — Collapses the nodes to show only SQL Element categories.
- Help – Jumps to the online Help section for the currently highlighted element or category.