For most transformations, the Properties dialog will have a Null Replacement tab. Click on Null Replacement to display options for replacing null values within the column.
Variable Transformation > Input > Null Properties
On this screen, you can elect to replace null values by clicking the check box, and then specifying what null values are to be replaced with. The choices are listed below.
- Imputed Value — You will then need to select a column in the Imputed Column field. Click the down-arrow beside the Imputed Column field to display available columns. You may need to expand tree items to drill down to individual columns.
- Literal Value — The value as specified in the Literal Value field. Literal value replacement is supported for numeric, character and date data types.
- Mean — Average value - Mean value replacement is supported for columns of numeric type or date type, with special coding provided for date type.
- Median — The median value can be requested with averaging of two middle values when there is an even number of values. Supported only for numeric and date type columns.
- Median (No Averaging) — The median value can be requested without averaging of two middle values when there is an even number of values.
- Mode — The most frequently occurring value.
- Target Date — Literal Target Date as specified on the INPUT-target date panel.