- On the Variable Transformation dialog, click on INPUT.
Click on literal parameters.
Variable Transformation > Input > Literal Parameters
On this screen, select:
- Target Date — If a Target Date was used in a Derive transformation or for NULL value replacement, it can be set here. The default value is the current date, and can be changed by either typing in another date, entering month, day and year separately, or by selecting a date with the standard Windows calendar control (reached by selecting the down arrow on the selector).
Literal Parameters — Literal parameters found in Derive transformations and/or expert Where clause text may be defined or updated on this screen, including parameters of type string, numeric, date, time and timestamp, as well as a text type that receives no formatting and is used “as-is”. String parameters are automatically quoted and date, time and timestamp parameters have the appropriate identifying keyword added automatically. For a more complete description of each type of literal parameter, see Variable Creation - INPUT - Variables - SQL Elements.The following options are available:
- The Add option can be used to add a literal parameter to the analysis. A default name consisting of the letter ‘p’ followed by an integer will automatically be assigned. The default name can be changed by the user after clicking on Properties.A menu with available types is displayed, including:
- The Remove option can be used to remove a literal parameter from the analysis, but only if the parameter is not currently in use in the definition of a variable, dimension, applied dimension or expert clause (in which case the button is grayed out).
- The Sort option can be used to sort the literal parameters in the display grid, By Name, By Type or By Entry (i.e., the order entered into the analysis).
- The Properties option can be used to change the Name, Value and/or Description if desired.
- The Add option can be used to add a literal parameter to the analysis. A default name consisting of the letter ‘p’ followed by an integer will automatically be assigned. The default name can be changed by the user after clicking on Properties.