- On the Variable Transformations dialog, click on INPUT.
Click on transformations.
Variable Transformation > INPUT > Transformations
On this screen, select:
- Select Input Source — Users may select between different sources of input. By selecting Table, the user can select from available databases, tables (or views) and columns in the usual manner. By selecting Analysis, however, the user can select directly from the output of another analysis of qualifying type in the current project. Analyses that may be selected from directly include all of the Analytic Data Set (ADS) and Reorganization analyses (except Refresh). In place of Available Databases, the user may select from Available Analyses, while Available Tables then contains a list of all the output tables that will eventually be produced by the selected analysis, or it contains a single entry with the name of the analysis under the label Volatile Table, representing the output of the analysis that is ordinarily produced by a Select statement. For more information, see INPUT Tab in the Teradata Warehouse Miner User Guide (Volume 1), B035-2300.
Select Columns From a Single Table
- Available Databases (or Analyses) — All databases (or analyses) which are available for the Variable Transformation analysis.
- Available Tables — All tables that are available for the Variable Transformation analysis.
- Available Columns — All columns within the selected table that are available for the Variable Transformation analysis.
‘Transformations…’ Window — Move column(s) into this window for the Variable Transformation analysis to execute against. First, highlight the function you wish to use in this window, for example, Bin Code:Variable Transformation: Bin Code function
Next, with selected function highlighted, choose column(s) by highlighting it in the Available Columns window and then clicking on the arrow button to move highlighted column(s) into the ‘Transformations…’ Window. Columns may also be dragged and dropped into the appropriate folder.
Right-click options for this window are described below.
Right-Click Menu Options — The same right-click menu options are offered for the Columns selector on the left side of the input screen as are offered for other input screens (see Analysis Input Screen in the Teradata Warehouse Miner User Guide (Volume 1), B035-2300). Also, the following right-click options are available within the ‘Transformations…’ Window.
- Expand All Nodes — Expands the nodes completely for each transformation folder.
- Collapse All Nodes — Collapses the nodes to show only transformation folders.
- Switch Input To ‘<table name>’ — When this option is selected, the selectors on the left side of the input screen are adjusted to match the table or analysis of the column associated with the selected transformation, or otherwise with the column associated with the first transformation specified in the current ordering.
- Switch ‘<table name>’ To Current Input — When this option is selected, the selectors on the left side of the input screen are used to change the input table or analysis of all columns in all transformations. The new table or analysis must contain all columns in all of the transformations or an error is given and no changes are made.
- Remove All Transformations of this Type — This option applies only to Transformation folder nodes and will remove all transformations contained within a selected folder (that is, of a given type).