Before running the analysis, specify Output options.
- On the Sample dialog box, click on OUTPUT.
Click on storage.
Sample > Output > Storage
- Use the Teradata EXPLAIN feature to display the execution path for this analysis — Option to generate a SQL EXPLAIN SELECT statement, which returns a Teradata Execution Plan.
Store the tabular output of this analysis in the database — Option to generate a Teradata TABLE or VIEW populated with the results of the analysis. Once enabled, the following fields must be specified:
- Output Type — Pull-down to specify Table, Multiple Tables or Multiple Views.
- Database Name — Text box to specify the name of the Teradata database where the resultant Table, Tables and/or Views will be created. By default, this is the “Result Database.”
- Table Name — Text box to specify the name of the Teradata table to create if the Output Type is Table, or the underlying base table to create if the Output Type is Multiple Views.
- Table Names (n) — Text box to specify the names of the tables to create if the Output Type is Multiple Tables. The number of tables n is given in parentheses.
- View Names (n) — Text box to specify the names of the views to create if the Output Type is Multiple Views. The number of views n is given in parentheses.
- Create output table using the FALLBACK keyword — If a table is selected, it will be built with FALLBACK if this option is selected.
- Create output table using the MULTISET keyword — If a table is selected, it will be built as a MULTISET table if this option is selected.
- Advertise Output — The Advertise Output option may be requested when creating a table, multiple tables or multiple views, resulting in the advertising of each created table and view. This feature “advertises” output by inserting information into one or more of the Advertise Output metadata tables according to the type of analysis and the options selected in the analysis. For more information, see Advertise Output in the Teradata Warehouse Miner User Guide (Volume 1), B035-2300.
- Advertise Note — An advertise note may be specified if desired when the Advertise Output option is selected or when the Always Advertise option is selected on the Connection Properties dialog box. It is a free-form text field of up to 30 characters that may be used to categorize or describe the output.
- Generate the SQL for this analysis, but do not execute it — If this option is selected the analysis will only generate SQL, returning it and terminating immediately.
The specific options are explained in the sections defining the output for specific analyses. Detailed information regarding the Stored Procedure option and the Advertise Output option, however, can be found in Stored Procedure Support and Advertise Output in the Teradata Warehouse Miner User Guide (Volume 1), B035-2300.There is no Stored Procedure option on this Output panel. In order to create a stored procedure for a Sample analysis, the Refresh analysis must be used. Note also that, when refreshing a Sample analysis, it creates multiple tables or views, no parameters for output database and table are included. For more information, see Procedure Options for Refresh in the Teradata Warehouse Miner User Guide (Volume 1), B035-2300.For further information about output (including Aster-specific options), see OUTPUT Tab in the Teradata Warehouse Miner User Guide (Volume 1), B035-2300.