When connected to a Teradata database, publishing to the Model Manager web-based application and to the Teradata AppCenter are both options. When connected to an Aster database, publishing to a Teradata AppCenter server is the only available publishing option. When publishing to an AppCenter server, the functionality provided is remarkably similar to that offered when publishing to the Model Manager application. Here are some unique aspects of publishing to a Teradata AppCenter server.
- A choice is provided whether to upload an application to an AppCenter server or to simply create the JSON and SQL files useful for documentation and debugging purposes.
- Publishing to an AppCenter server is not available when TWM is running in batch-mode.
- The Name of Model to Publish, Published By and Version fields are required.
- A “volatile” temporary Aster table does not get deleted when executed in the AppCenter.
- An icon file can be associated with the application (i.e., SQL) published in the AppCenter.