When connected to a Teradata database, publishing to the Model Manager web-based application is the only option. When connected to an Aster database, publishing to an Aster AppCenter server is the only available publishing option. When publishing to an AppCenter server, the functionality provided is remarkably similar to that offered when publishing to the Model Manager application. Here are some unique aspects of publishing to a legacy AppCenter server.
- A choice is provided whether to upload an application to an AppCenter server or to simply create the files needed to install an application manually in an AppCenter server.
- Publishing to an AppCenter server is not available when TWM is running in batch-mode.
- The Name of Model to Publish, Published By and Version fields are required.
- A “volatile” temporary Aster table does not get deleted when executed in the AppCenter.
- An icon file can be associated with the application (i.e., SQL) published in the AppCenter.
- Two means are provided to avoid possible concurrency problems resulting from multiple users executing the same App at the same time.