Named index for which statistics are to be dropped.
This does not drop SUMMARY statistics for the specified index. To drop SUMMARY statistics on a database object, you must drop all statistics for the object.
Note that you specify column names with a named index only when it is defined with an ORDER BY clause.
- The index for which statistics are to be dropped is unique.
- Name of the index.
- ALL was used to create the index.
- Names of one or more columns on which the index exists and for which statistics are to be dropped.
- ORDER BY
- ORDER BY was used to create the index.
- ORDER BY orders the index by the contents of a single column. If you specify ORDER BY but not VALUES or HASH, then VALUES is assumed.
- ORDER BY VALUES was used to create the index.
- VALUES can order a single numeric column of four bytes or less.
- ORDER BY HASH was used to create the index.
- HASH hash-orders a single column instead of hash-ordering all columns (the default).
- Name of a column on which the index was ordered.
- Statistics are to be dropped for a materialized global temporary table.
- This keyword is not valid for permanent tables and if you use it with a table defined as permanent, an error is returned.
- If you do not specify TEMPORARY, but the referenced table is a global temporary table, the statistics are dropped for an empty table, but on the base global temporary table rather than its materialized instance.
- If you specify TEMPORARY correctly, but no materialized instance of the global temporary table exists in the session, the system materializes an instance with all of the statistics defined on the base temporary table before dropping statistics for it.
- Containing database for table_name, join_index_name, or hash_index_name if something other than the current database.
- Containing user for table_name, join_index_name, or hash_index_name if something other than the current database.
- Name of one of the following database objects whose statistics are to be dropped.
- Table or global temporary table
- Single-table view
You can only request HELP STATISTICS reports for single-table views.
- Single-table query
You can only request HELP STATISTICS reports for single-table queries.
- You cannot drop statistics on journal or global temporary trace tables because you cannot collect statistics on those database objects.
- Name of the join index for which column or index statistics are to be dropped.
- Name of the hash index for which column or index statistics are to be dropped.
- Names of the columns for which statistics are to be dropped.
- Column expression that was used to collect the statistics to be dropped.
- Name of the statistics collected on column_name.
- Name of the named column statistics to be dropped. Statistics to be dropped were saved as statistics_name.
- Column partition statistics are to be dropped.