Maximum number of bytes allowed for spool files in profile_name. The default is null, which uses the setting defined for the individual user assigned to the profile.
Changes to spool space limits in a profile take effect immediately upon submitting the MODIFY PROFILE request.
- You can enter the number of bytes as an integer, decimal, or floating point value or as a constant expression whose evaluation determines the number of bytes. You can also enter the value using exponential notation. For example, you can write one thousand as either 1000 or 1E3.
- n cannot exceed the spool space parameter in the profile of the creator. If no spool space is defined for that profile, then Vantage uses the spool space limit defined for the individual user-creator.
- A constant expression is any SQL expression that does not make any column references. Specifying an appropriate constant expression for the SPOOL size of a database enables Vantage to assign an optimal quantity of SPOOL that scales to the size of your system.
- When you specify a SPOOL size based on a constant expression, the assigned size does not automatically scale if, for example, you add more AMPs to your system.
- Optional keyword that redundantly specifies the unit for the amount of space allowed.