Registries and Docker-based container apps are supported for standalone AppCenter that is not on Vantage platform.
- Make sure the root user has added a registry for docker images that you can specify in the App Container settings.
- Select .
Enter a name up to 64 characters for this app, select Application, then select an app type.
Once you save the app name and type, you cannot change app type.
On Setup Guide, select AppContainer, then complete the registry, image, user credentials, and path.
Option Considerations Image
- For apps that run until stopped, make sure the Docker image you specify has at least one port exposed. The exposed port enables users to access the app from a browser. If the image includes more than one exposed port, you can select another port from the list after you save the container.
- If the image includes environment variables, AppCenter automatically adds them to Settings when you save the container information.
- If the Docker registry you selected requires authentication, enter the username and password, and optionally your email. If authentication is not required, leave these fields blank.
- Path applies to apps that run until stopped, and is an optional setting.
- By default, AppCenter uses the name of the app and the AppCenter base domain as the app URL. For example, https://test-appcenter.com , where test is the name of the app and appcenter.com is the AppCenter base domain.
- If you add a path, AppCenter appends that to the URL of the app when a job is started for this app. For example, if you add the path /mypath , AppCenter appends it to the URL as follows: https://test-appcenter.com/mypath
- AppCenter replaces characters in the path that are not URL-friendly with a dash.
NEW VERSION To change the current container, select NEW VERSION. When you save the new container information, AppCenter moves the replaced container to a Previous Versions list below the Latest Version.
[Optional] Select Description to select tags and enter a description.
Option Considerations Add Tags
- Tags are created by an administrator, and are optional.
- In Add Tags, start typing the name of a tag, then select it.
- You can select one or more tags for an app.
- For additional tags, contact an administrator.
- AppCenter supports plain text or GitHub Markdown.
- For assistance with GitHub Markdown syntax, select in the formatting toolbar.
Select Permissions to set user and app permissions.
Option Considerations Managers
- When you create an app, you are the app owner. You can add managers by user name and LDAP groups. Managers you add are considered owners.
- Apps that run until stopped are public and cannot be made private.
- Apps that run once or on schedule are private by default. You can turn privacy off. For private apps, only the app owner and other users they added as managers, can view, edit, and delete the app.
Select Settings to add and remove required and optional settings for users who run this app.
If the Docker image includes environment variables, AppCenter adds them to the settings automatically.
Option Considerations ADD FIELD
- The Name field does not support spaces.
- Hint is a brief description of the parameter that appears when a user runs the app.
- If you add a parameter and select Upload as the type, AppCenter prompts you to upload the parameters file when you run a job for this app.
- If you select Required for a setting and it is not part of the job execution parameters, the job will fail.
- If you want to use SQL for parameterization, AppCenter supports simple SQL queries. It does not support the following queries:
- Apps that run once or on schedule support visualizations, including built-in and custom visualizations. If there are no visualization options associated with the Docker image selected for this app, visualization settings are unavailable in the settings. If you select Custom (Upload), follow the instructions on the screen for installing and running Node.js and Polymer Bundler to upload the resulting bundled file with the visualization.
- For apps that run once or on a schedule, schedule options are selected when you run the app.
- To edit, reorder, or delete parameters, select .
- The order of the parameters here determines the order in which they are displayed when you run the app.
- Only apps that run once or on schedule support visualizations, including built-in and custom visualizations.
- If there are no visualization options associated with the Docker image, these settings are not visible.
- If you select Custom (Upload) as the Type, follow the instructions on the screen for installing and running Node.js and Polymer Bundler to upload the resulting bundled file with the visualization.
[Optional] Select App Overview, then on App info change the app icon and color, Memory, and CPU settings.
Option Considerations Icon and color
- AppCenter automatically assigns an app icon and color. You can change one or both settings.
- Accept the default settings.Teradata recommends that you change the Memory and CPU values only if you encounter messages or errors that indicate limited resources. For example, if you run a job and it remains in the state of waiting for resources. If a job fails due to memory issues, an error log is generated and available from Execution History.