- Select .
Choose one of the following options:
Option Action Create new Click CREATE NEW. Edit exiting Either click the connection or select.
- On the Connection details page, enter a unique Connection name and an optional Description.
On the Connection type page, select SFTP then enter the Host URL, Port (default = 22), and optional Subdirectory.
You cannot change the Connection type after saving the connection.
- If the Subdirectory is blank, the connection uses the home directory of the SFTP user.
- If the Subdirectory is /, the connection uses the Host URL root folder.
On the Authentication page, choose one of the following options:
Authentication Method Action Basic Enter the User and Password of the SFTP user for this connection. Private Key Enter the User, Private Key, and optional Passphrase of the SFTP user for this connection.
The system supports the following encryption algorithms: DSA, RSA, and ECDSA. When generating your private key, you must use the PEM (Privacy Enhanced Mail) format.When copying and pasting your key, be sure to include the header and footer. For example:
-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY----- MIIEpQIBAAKCAQEAw4vAy0xRflO3hRmzHyMZhTcH+yDpZh9NRwQDO+da81cexwy8 … 3sTS5GI0O0Ma2eUF2BFXHuEeczH0eCpUZ2fiG+ouBGI1UH64mw3HjNo= -----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----To create the connection, the user must login access and list/view credentials to the selected URL and subdirectory.
The password, key, and passphrase are encrypted and cannot be edited after saving the connection. To change the password, key, or passpharse, click RESET and enter new information.
Click TEST to test the authentication credentials and subdirectory for the connection.
If the test is not successful, review your entries on the Connection type and Authentication pages.
On the Sample format page, click + to upload a file with your sample file that defines inbound SFTP data mappings. This sample file format contains the expected attributes of the connected system.
The sample format file is used when creating an inbound SFTP data integration. See Creating or Editing an SFTP Data Integration.
Click Browse and select a file from your PC or click-and-drag the file from your PC to the sample format file.
Uploading subsequent files will override any existing sample attributes.
- On the Upload sample format window, use the Formatting fields to specify the Field, String, and Record delimiters in the sample file.
- Click SAVE FORMAT.
- Click Browse and select a file from your PC or click-and-drag the file from your PC to the sample format file.
- Select the Type (text, numeric, datetime, or blob) and optionally edit the Name for each field (from the sample file).
- Click SAVE.