The Database Query Log (DBQL) is enhanced for Advanced SQL Engine 17.00 with more complete and more accurate logging.
- DBQL now uses Algorithm 3 by default, which includes collecting statistics on aborted and parallel steps, and results in more accurate resource usage statistics.
- By default, Vantage now logs the number of SUM and JOIN steps at the request level to gauge query complexity.
- The DBQL default behavior now is to include Feature Use Logging (FUL).
- Upgraded systems that were not using Algorithm 3 will not use Algorithm 3 until explicitly set to do so. This requires that you explicitly change DBS Control General field 64, DBQL CPU/IO Collection. Teradata recommends you switch to using Algorithm 3.
- For more information about DBQL, see Teradata Vantage™ - Database Administration, B035-1093.
- For more information about the DBS Control utility, see Teradata Vantage™ - Database Utilities, B035-1102.