The TD_JSONSHRED table operator allows you to shred data contents of an array in a JSON document into columns of a Teradata Vantage database table.
- TD_JSONSHRED can be significantly faster at shredding data than the JSON_TABLE table operator.
- The JSON document is input to TD_JSONSHRED as the contents of a table column. The column can be of data type JSON, CLOB, or VARCHAR.
- You can specify the data type for the shredded output data columns, which can include CLOB data.
- The output table can include additional columns (not JSON data) from the input table. These columns are passed through to the output table unchanged.
- String matching for identifying JSON objects to shred in the JSON document can optionally be case-insensitive.
- You must use nested calls to TD_JSONSHRED to shred the contents of nested arrays in the original JSON document.
- TD_JSONSHRED does not support JSONPath expressions.
- TD_JSONSHRED does not support as many output data types as the JSON_TABLE table operator.
- New TD_JSONSHRED table operator.
For more information about TD_JSONSHRED, see Teradata Vantage™ - JSON Data Type, B035-1150.