Tactical exceptions occur when both threshold criteria are exceeded for either Tactical CPU Time or Tactical I/O Physical Byte. Tactical exceptions trigger an action that moves a high-consuming query to another workload and can trigger other actions, such as issuing an alert or running a program. Tactical exceptions apply to the tactical workloads they are associated with, across all environments.
- From the ruleset toolbar, click Workloads.
- Select or create a tactical workload.
- Click the Tactical Exception tab.
- Under Criteria, enter thresholds for Tactical CPU Time and Tactical I/O Physical Byte.
- Under Action, select a workload. The query is moved to this workload when a query exceeds both Tactical CPU Time and Tactical I/O Physical Byte thresholds.
[Optional] Under Notifications, enable any of the following options for the start or the end of the event:
Notification Description Send Alert Specifies the action to trigger. Run Program Specifies the Alerts registered programs to trigger. Post to QTable The string you enter is posted to the QTable.
- Click Save.