- Edit or create a ruleset.
- From the ruleset toolbar, click Throttles.
- In the Workloads with Throttles Defined section, click Flex Throttles.
- Click the Enable Flex Throttles check box.
- [Optional] To use the flex throttles in evaluation mode, select the Enable Evaluation Mode check box. In evaluation mode flex throttles have no actual effect on your system, but the hypothetical results are reported in the TDWM event log.
Under Triggering Events, designate the Available AWT conditions to trigger an event.
Option Description Number of AMPs with Available AWTs Specify the minimum number of AMPs with available AWTs. The event will be triggered if this number or more are available. Number of Available AWTs Specify the minimum number of available AWTs. The event will be triggered if this number or more are available. Qualification Method Specify the number of minutes for which both conditions above must be met to trigger the event.
[Optional] To further restrict the event definition to occur only when there is a minimum level of CPU Utilization, select the check box and configure the following:
Option Description System CPU Specify the minimum system CPU utilization percentage. The event will be triggered if the CPU utilization is less than or equal to this value. Qualification Method Specify the number of minutes for which the minimum system CPU must be maintained to trigger the event. The average value of this metric must exceed the threshold for this time period.
[Optional] To further restrict the event definition to occur only when there is an I/O bottleneck, select the I/O Usage check box and configure the following:
Option Description Bandwidth Specify the percentage of total I/O bandwidth that must be in use to trigger the event. Monitored LUNs TASM determines which LUNs are most vulnerable to throughput issues. Specify the percentage of these to monitor. Triggered LUNs The percentage of monitored LUNs that must be at the used Bandwidth percentage to trigger the event. Qualification Method Specify the interval at which an average Bandwidth is evaluated. Qualification Time Specify how long the condition must persist to qualify as an event.
- Under Actions, enter the Number of Queries to Release on the flex throttle action interval. The number of queries cannot be more than twice the number specified for Number of Available AWTs. The flex throttle action interval is defined in the Other tab of the General category on the ruleset toolbar.
[Optional] Select actions to occur when a flex throttle event starts or ends.
Action Description Send Alert Specifies the action to trigger. Run Program Specifies the Alerts registered programs to trigger. Post to QTable The string you enter is posted to the QTable.
- Click Save.