Contact your Teradata Viewpoint Administrator to ensure you have the appropriate permissions to configure DSC settings in Teradata Viewpoint.
Add the systems by following the procedure Configuring Portlet Software, in the Data Stream Utility Installation, Configuration, and Upgrade Guide for Customers.
In the Configuring a DSC section, the Broker IP of the DSC server can be found in the /etc/hosts file in the DSC LAN section.
- The Broker Port is 61616
- The Broker Connectivity is TCP
- The DSC Server Name is 127.0.0.1.
- When adding nodes to the system configuration, use the IP address from the DSC network in the form 39.42.xx.xxx.
- The dsc_name is 127.0.0.1Repository.
- Add a backup solution. For more information, see Data Stream Utility Installation, Configuration, and Upgrade Guide for Customers.
- Add a target group by following the procedure Adding or Copying a Target Group, in the Data Stream Utility Installation, Configuration, and Upgrade Guide for Customers.
Update the IP address of the DSC repository to perform back ups of the DSC repository.
- Open the BAR Setup portlet.
- From the Categories list, click Systems and Nodes.
- From the Systems list, select the system 127.0.0.1Repository.
- From the Setup list, select Nodes.
- From the Nodes list, select the node you want to configure.
- Under Node Details, update the DSC IP address of the DSC VM in the form of 39.42.xx.xxx.
- Click Apply.
You have completed the configuration settings for DSC. For more information about the settings in the BAR Setup portlet, see Configuring Using Portlet Software in the Data Stream Utility Installation, Configuration, and Upgrade Guide for Customers.
You can run backup, analyze, and restore jobs using the BAR Operations portlet in Teradata Viewpoint. For more information, see the Teradata Data Stream Architecture User Guide.