- Renamed this book to Teradata Database on VMware Developer Tier Getting Started Guide. Changed terminology from edition to tier.
- Changed to using a deployment executable file instead of deployment scripts to deploy the Teradata Database on VMware software.
- Added VMware administrator privileges you need to install and configure the Teradata Database on VMware software.
- Updated the information about database sizing.
- Added instructions on running PowerCLI as Administrator.
- Changed Teradata Data Stream Utility to Teradata Data Stream Controller, which is the name of the component within the DSU product.
- Updated to add support for Teradata Database 16.00 and remove support for Teradata Database 15.00.
- Updated to reflect availability of Teradata Database on VMware Development Edition at http://downloads.teradata.com/.
- References to "Base Edition" now refer to "Enterprise Edition."
This book was previously known as Teradata Virtual Machine Developer Edition Installation, Configuration, and Upgrade Guide.