Teradata Database on VMware installation components consist of templates, property files, text files, and a deployment executable file.
- Required templates contain the Teradata Database and underlying operating system.
- Optional templates contain Viewpoint and its underlying operating system and DSC.
- Templates are ready to use and include defaults for disk space and configuration, I/O, network connections, AMPs, and memory.
- The properties files define configuration settings for the overall Teradata Database on VMware environment and the specific virtual machines.
An executable file deploys the Teradata VM based on the configuration information in the property files.
After the database is deployed, the only way to change settings is to run the removevms command and run the deploy command again.
- Text files are used in time zone settings.
To download the software, go to https://downloads.teradata.com.