Grants roles to users or other roles.
For more information, see Teradata Vantage™ NewSQL Engine Security Administration, B035-1100 and Teradata Vantage™ - Database Administration, B035-1093.
- User DBC.
- A user who has been granted the specified role WITH ADMIN OPTION.
The creator of a role is automatically granted the specified role WITH ADMIN OPTION.
- A user who has an active role to which the specified role was granted WITH ADMIN OPTION. An active role can be a current role or a nested role of a current role.
A grantor does not need to have any privilege, including WITH ADMIN OPTION, on the grantee to grant a privilege to it, whether the grantee is a role or a user.
- one or more comma-separated names of roles to grant to specified users or other roles.
The system ignores duplicate role names.
- the names of role grantees.
- You can specify a maximum of 25 names per GRANT request.
- Grantees can be users or roles; however, a role cannot be granted to itself or to PUBLIC.
- GRANT does not produce an error if a specified role is already granted to a grantee.
- WITH ADMIN OPTION
- that the role grantees have the privilege to use DROP ROLE, GRANT, and REVOKE statements to administer the specified roles.
- To change a privilege previously granted WITH ADMIN OPTION, a GRANT statement must include WITH ADMIN OPTION.