The UDTTYPE privilege gives a user all the privileges associated with UDTUSAGE as well as permitting that user to execute all SQL statements that reference UDTs without creating new methods or dropping or replacing existing methods.
- CREATE TYPE without specifying method signatures.
- DROP TYPE.
- ALTER TYPE without adding or dropping method signatures.
- CREATE ORDERING and DROP ORDERING.
- CREATE CAST and DROP CAST.
- CREATE TRANSFORM and DROP TRANSFORM.
- CREATE TABLE with UDT columns.
- Reference any UDT in an SQL request, UDF, or procedure.
- Perform all methods.
The specified database_name in the ON clause must be SYSUDTLIB.
UDTTYPE is not an automatically granted privilege. A user must either be granted this privilege or acquire it through a role. Users who are granted UDTTYPE WITH GRANT OPTION can then grant others either the UDTUSAGE or UDTTYPE privilege, optionally with the WITH GRANT option privilege.
UDTTYPE is represented by the code UT in the AccessRight column of the DBC.AccessRights table.
The following GRANT request grants the UDTTYPE privilege on database SYSUDTLIB to the user named tester2:
GRANT UDTTYPE ON SYSUDTLIB TO tester2;