16.20 - Revocable Privileges - Teradata Vantage NewSQL Engine
Teradata Vantage™ SQL Data Control Language
- Teradata Database
- Teradata Vantage NewSQL Engine
- March 2019
- Programming Reference
- Implicit privileges cannot be revoked.
- Revoking the GRANT OPTION for a privilege from a user immediately revokes the privilege of that user to grant that privilege. However, it does not affect privileges that have already been granted by that user to others.
- The user who revokes a privilege from another need not be the grantor of that privilege. If a user receives the same privilege from two or more grantors, any grantor with the necessary privileges can revoke that privilege from the user and from other grantees.
- If a privilege that was granted to ALL user_name is revoked from user_name , then the privilege is not granted automatically to future users owned by user_name.