- 033-11100-00 to 033-11121-00 (TDN messages)
- 033-12900-00 to 033-12999-00 (BNS messages)
- 033-13000-00 to 033-13021-00 (CFG messages)
- And, for any event from any series that contains the string "bynet"
For a complete description of these events, see “Parallel Database Extensions (PDE) Messages” Teradata Vantage™ - Database Messages, B035-1096.
If you want to examine more information than the macro displays by default, run a SELECT query on the DBC.SW_Event_Log table by providing the necessary criteria and targeting against the field “TEXT.” Here is an example of the SELECT query:
select * from dbc.Software_Event_Log where Text like ’%restart%’ order by thedate, thetime ;
This causes the system to display all the available information for the events rather than a truncated version. In most cases, the latter version is sufficient to understand the nature of the problem.
- A TPA restart occurs
- The BYNET initiates a TPA restart
When multiple messages are recorded over a very short time period, a BYNET event might have occurred forcing a node offline. If a node has been forced offline by the BYNET, you might need a Teradata field engineer to resolve the BYNET event.