Contact your Service Experience Manager or Sales personnel with any upgrade procedure. Customers have to purchase Vantage Limited Upgrade plan and Success Tiers.
After initiation, the upgrade process is completely non-interactive. During the upgrade, PUT reboots the system.
When performing a major upgrade, such as from a SLES 11 to a SLES 12 version, you must redeploy the system.
- Set a maintenance window. See Using Maintenance Windows.
- Log on to https://support.teradata.com and download the bundle.
- Log on and switch to the root user of the system where the software you want to upgrade is installed.
- If the following directory does not exist, create it: /var/opt/teradata/swupgrade-source.
- If packages downloaded for earlier upgrades are still on the system, remove the files before downloading the upgrade bundle.
- Transfer the downloaded upgrade bundles to /var/opt/teradata/swupgrade-source.
- If the TDput version is earlier than 03.09.03.18, you must manually install TDput on all nodes. See https://knowledge.teradata.com/KCS/id/KCS004693
- Run the swupgrade -U command:
/opt/teradata/TDput/bin/swupgrade -UProgress messages display on the screen.
- To verify the bundle was installed correctly, go to the file /var/opt/teradata/TDput/fileservice/logs/sequencer_simple-install.log and scroll to the Overall Package Install Status section. The Success column lists the number of nodes on which each package was installed. Check to see that the Fail column does not indicate any failures.
- Check the status of the database.
# pdestate -a
- If the database does not come up by itself after a few minutes, start it manually.
# /etc/init.d/tpa start