Before we arrive to install your Vantage system, work closely with your Teradata team to plan for a smooth installation. Your account team will work through an onboarding checklist. Considerations include:
- Your system may arrive from the factory running older versions of the operating system, NewSQL Engine, or other software. Leave adequate time to ensure your system is running the required versions.
- What are your plans for migrating data?
- Will external Viewpoint or QueryGrid servers be clustered?
- Will this Vantage system be on the fabric with other Teradata systems?
- Are there any security restrictions that Teradata needs to be aware of?
- You will need a LAN drop for every Analytics Node in your Vantage system.
- Every Vantage node (NewSQL Engine, Analytics, VMS) should be defined in your LAN DNS with a Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN).
- You will need security certificates.