When you run a job, AppCenter queries data from a Teradata Vantage, Teradata Database or Aster Database system. The root user must first create a system that you specify when running a job for this script.
When required settings are completed, you can run a job. You can run a job for a script as many times as needed; the jobs can run concurrently, each with its own results.
If an email account is configured, AppCenter sends you notification about job status.
- Select , then select the script.
Select Run, then complete the settings with the following considerations:
Setting Considerations System
- If the administrator assigned a service account to this script, AppCenter automatically selects the Use service account with default system option and you do not need to enter credentials. You can clear the Use service account with default system selection and use a the same system with different credentials or a different system.
- If the administrator did not assign a service account to this script, enter the system credentials.
- If you select a Teradata system for which the root user assigned JWT as the Default Login Type when they created the system, AppCenter automatically selects Current Session for Authentication, and uses your current AppCenter login credentials. You can alternatively select Database or Corporate Login for authentication instead. This applies to Teradata systems only.
- If you did not add parameters when you uploaded the script, skip this section.
- If you added required parameters when you uploaded the script, select the associated settings.
- If you added optional parameters when you uploaded this script, select the associated settings or clear the parameters.
- If you selected the option Allow user to select multiple values from this query when you created this script, you can select the parameters you want to use for this query.
- AppCenter supports multibyte characters in job parameter names and values.
The AppCenter UI provides time schedule options of every 30 minutes or every hour. You can use Jobs in the App Service API for more granular interval options.
- If you select a schedule and run the job, you cannot change the schedule options later.
- AppCenter shows selected schedule options in Execution History.
Title and description (Optional)
- Title and description are optional.
- You can include both a title and description, only a title, or only a description.
- If you add a name, AppCenter uses that as the job name in Execution History and in the AppCenter Overview.
- If you add a description, AppCenter includes that under the job name in Execution History.
- [Optional] For job execution status, including any job parameters used, error messages, and links to results where applicable, select Execution History.